Resource ArchiveAlthough most of CFCD’s work takes the form of workshops and discussions, we have archived a short collection of useful readings and handouts on topics related to course design and teaching.
All of these books may be borrowed from CFCD or found in the library.
- Ken Bain. What the Best College Teachers Do. Harvard University Press, 2004.
- John Bean. Engaging Ideas. 2nd ed. Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Wayne C. Booth et al. The Craft of Research. 3rd ed. University of Chicago Press, 2008.
- Katherine Gottschalk and Keith Hjortshoj. The Elements of Teaching Writing. Bedford/St. Martin’s Press, 2004.
- Wilbert McKeachie et al. McKeachie’s Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers. DC Heath and Co., 1994.
- Duane Roen et al. Strategies for Teaching First-Year Composition. NCTE, 2002.
- Edward White. Assigning, Responding, Evaluating. 4th ed. Bedford/St. Martin’s Press, 2007.